Like all the youngsters out there, I am only interested in purchasing those items that reflect my personality and temperament. I have an obsession with chic curtains when it comes to home décor. They can add a chirpy look to an otherwise dull room. My mother has an alluring sky-blue curtain that she imported from Dubai that feels as soft as silk with rich, elegant designs as its main attraction.
The main problem arises when you have to clean and maintain the curtains. But worry not; we bring you some really simple cleaning tips to help you deal with the problem. So wipe off that frown and read away one of the best ways to maintain Dubai curtains:
Work the work- Use a soft brush attachment to brush the dust that may collect during the day on your curtains. If your curtain is in off-white or any other light color, then do make sure you brush it once in few days.
What kind of a curtain do you have?
- If you have light-weight curtains, they can be easily cleaned in washing machines with no risky endeavors on your part
- If your curtains are made from heavy fabric, go for a steam cleaner. Make sure to start from the top of the curtains and work your way to the bottom.
- If the curtains are made from delicate materials, it would be for the best if they are hand-washed or else there may be shrinkage. Dubai curtains have an overlock seam used for smooth end results. This makes it very delicate and should be handled carefully.
- Smelly curtains: Make sure your curtains absorb as little smell as possible or else the bad odor can be unsanitary. If it still continues to cause trouble, the best method would be to take them off and hang them in the breeze to freshen them up. This will also help you avoid cleaning it from time to time if the maintenance is proper.
- Wait! It’s not over yet: After you are done cleaning it, you have to dry it. Hang them out in the sun away from direct sunlight but in a breezy place. Then lightly iron it out. Shiny, crisp curtains are waiting for you!
If things go out of hand, you could always go for expert help. There are many private companies offering cleaning services for Dubai curtains.